Supplier Diversity Statement:
U.S. Cellular® is committed to enhancing the use of diverse businesses by proactively developing relationships with minority, women, veteran, service disabled veteran, disabled, members of the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) community, disadvantaged and local businesses within our supply chain. Supplier diversity is a core value and behavior of our Dynamic Organization and is a strategic business imperative to the economic growth and expansion of our business. U.S. Cellular also encourages subcontracting opportunities for diverse businesses.
Register Your Business at U.S. Cellular's Supplier Portal here:Supplier Portal
U.S. Cellular is committed to building a strong Supplier Diversity Program. The foundation of our program consists of internal and external deliverables to help ensure program success for all U.S. Cellular stakeholders.Value Proposition:
- Social Responsibility - Pride ourselves on serving our customers, businesses and communities in our service territories. We know that there is more than a good way to do business — there's a right way.
- Innovation & Diversity of Thought - Diverse businesses should be viewed as valued and strategic partners that bring distinct skills, different perspectives and innovative ideas to make us more competitive in the marketplace.
- Economic Impact - Foster awareness, enhance collaboration and provide support to diverse businesses and their respective communities while making an impact in cost savings and sales generation through improved supplier diversity performance.
- Manage Risk Through Parity
- Increase Supplier Competition
- Increase Economic Impact
Certifications and Accepted Third Party Agency Partnerships:
- MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) — National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- WBE (Woman Business Enterprise) — Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- LGBTBE (LGBT Business Enterprise) - National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- VBE (Veteran Business Enterprise) — U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
- SDVBE (Service Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise) — U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
- 8(a) Program — U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- DBE (Small Disadvantage Business Enterprise) — U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- HUBZone (Historically Underutilized Business Zone) — U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- State Governmental Certification Agencies
- City/County Governmental Certification Agencies
View U.S. Cellular's Supplier Qualification Requirements (PDF)
2nd Tier Program
U.S. Cellular strongly encourages all current and prospective suppliers to participate in our Prime Supplier/2nd Tier Program. Prospective supplier responses to our RFQ must contain a diversity supplier plan. Every contract awarded over $100k is required to include a diversity component. This strategy will:
- Allow U.S. Cellular to further expand opportunities into the communities we serve
- Allow our strategic partners the opportunity to play a major role in U.S. Cellular's diversity goal attainment
- Allow your strategic partners the opportunity to create a competitive advantage within their own supply chain through subcontract and or value added reseller opportunities
Qualified suppliers are required to submit quarterly results measuring progress toward your diversity goal. These results will be reviewed during your supplier performance/quality reviews. Annual plans and quarterly results should be submitted to our Purchasing department.
If you have questions about our program, please email our Supplier Diversity Program