VOTING BEGINS NOW FOR THE FINAL 15 IN U.S. CELLULAR'S MOST VALUABLE COACH PROGRAM
CHICAGO (OCT 20, 2016) — Today U.S. Cellular announced the Final 15 coaches who have moved on to the final round of voting in the company's Most Valuable Coach program. Through noon CST on Nov. 18, fans can vote for their favorite of the Final 15 coaches at TheMostValuableCoach.com, and the two winning coaches will be announced on Nov. 21. Each winning coach will receive $5,000 for their school and will be recognized on the field at the Under Armour All-America High School Football Game on Jan. 1.
U.S. Cellular will host local celebratory events to honor each Final 15 coach and create a short video detailing each coach's story, which will be released on Nov. 11. The company will also award $1,000 to each school with a Final 15 coach, and each community is encouraged to vote their coach through to the final two.
"We congratulate all of the deserving coaches who have made it to the Final 15. It is clear that they have had a positive influence on their schools, and they share our dedication and passion for serving their local communities," said Grant Leech, vice president of brand management at U.S. Cellular. "We look forward to celebrating with these coaches, and regardless of who emerges at the end, we are thrilled that they are leading and teaching young people across the country."
U.S. Cellular's Most Valuable Coach program began on Sept. 9 and gave people the opportunity to honor a high school football head coach who has made a positive impact on an individual, school or community. From the hundreds of coaches nominated, below are the Final 15 coaches and the city and high school they represent:
- Todd Appel, Fort Hill High School, Cumberland, MD
- Winfred Beale, Floyd County High School, Floyd, VA
- Mike Benbow, Fortuna Union High School, Fortuna, CA
- Bryan Case, South Central Calhoun High School, Lake City, IA
- Bill Connell, Quincy Notre Dame High School, Quincy, IL
- Faron Griffin, Walters High School, Walters, OK
- Joe Hadachek, Union High School, La Porte City, IA
- Rich Kacmarynski, Pella Christian High School, Pella, IA
- Jed Kennedy, Brookfield Central High School, Brookfield, WI
- Guy Kopp, Cuba City High School, Cuba City, WI
- Clayton Kreger, Parker High School, Janesville, WI
- Jeff Marshall, Wilburton High School, Wilburton, OK
- Doug Smith, Appomattox County High School, Appomattox, VA
- Jeff Spiwak, Clinton High School, Clinton, WI
- Allan Trimble, Jenks High School, Jenks, OK
The two winning coaches and their guests will receive a trip to Orlando, Fla., and be recognized live on Camping World Stadium's field during the nationally-televised Under Armour All-America High School Football Game Jan. 1 on ESPN.
For more information, to vote on the Final 15 coaches and to view the official program rules, please visit TheMostValuableCoach.com.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier offers coverage where the other carriers don't and a wide range of communication services that enhance consumers' lives, increase the competitiveness of local businesses and improve the efficiency of government operations. U.S. Cellular has the Highest Wireless Network Quality Performance in the North Central Region, according to the J.D. Power 2016 U.S. Wireless Network Quality Performance Study, and 99 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.